For this recipe you will need:
- 1 lb of fresh, ripe strawberries
- 100 g of your favorite brand of dark chocolate
- 2 tsps of Jamaican coconut rum
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pack of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 store bought or homemade pie crust
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbs coconut, strawberry or lemon flavored gelatin powder
1. Bake the pie crust for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) then set it aside to cool.
2. Dissolve the sugar in the water and put the solution to boil, stirring in the cornstarch gradually until the mixture thickens.
3. Add the gelatin and leave it to cool slightly, to about 25 degrees Celsius, or room temperature.
4. Break the chocolate into chunks, place it in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at medium power for about 120 seconds.
5. Add the rum to the chocolate, stirring slowly.
6. Mix the milk, chocolate pudding mix and vanilla together and pour into the pie crust.
7. Rinse the strawberries, drain thoroughly and then lightly position them in the mixture, in an attractive pattern.
8. Pour the gelatin mix over the strawberries.
9. Pour the chocolate/rum mix in swirls on top and leave the pie in the refrigerator to set for 4 hours or more before serving.